Friday, May 22, 2020

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood



Well, I finally saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and thought it was a mess.
Glad they did not show Sharon Tate’s murder. The period look was off in beginning. Terrible I was there and know. He handled the Mansion family well, but the beginning was slow, choppy, scotch-taped together. Brad Pitt made it and Leonardo was a close second. But the portrayal of the Manson family was riveting.. Your scene should have been longer to have meaning. The good news was you were not there that night. And LIVED.
I thought Tarantino portrayed Sharon unkindly and like a bimbo. Was she really that dumb and self-involved? And Roman was dismissed and treated disparagingly. I had the privilege of knowing him and he has great charm and a very rich character who was abused by a faulty justice system.If I were Roman I would have blocked film. Public figure rights make it hard. Tell me Sharon was not that empty-headed and star struck. Al Pacino was excellent as usual in a small part as was Bruce Dern. It’s obvious Tarantino used his weight to get celebrities though he had an inferior production company and script. Editing was asleep at the wheel. Scenes went on so long that once they made their points it was as though a sledgehammer was the editor. This definitely was not Oscar material except for PItt. Booo to Tarantino.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for posting this review of this tasteless and vulgar expense of spirit in a waste of shame. The reinforcing element here is that you don't seem to be swayed by anything but a brass tacks regard for the subject.

    Any exploitation of that summer of 1969's horror points to an unhealthy and venal state of mind, and a character desperately in need of self examination. I won't hold my breath waiting for that little miracle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. ซีรี่ย์ฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete